Monday, March 25, 2013

Mermaids and Mucinex

The last few weeks have kept me busy, busy, busy, with the local children's choir my daughter is involved with. They put on their annual musical this last weekend and a friend sweetly nominated me to be in charge of the lobby decorations. A gesture I will not soon forget. lol Then in the final stretch, I came down with a head cold. But, as my family loves to say, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" I grabbed my new favorite cold medicine, Mucinex, and kept right on going.

Because of the musical, I had to put my paper crafting on hold so there will be no project pictures this time. I am going to share with you some lobby pictures because they were adorable!

This years musical was Disney's The Little Mermaid Jr. and the kids did a FABULOUS job! The SSCCC group is such a shining spot in our little community! Hats off to all the people that make this organization run.


My niece drew Flounder, such talent! The sea horse was drawn using my Cricut and the Disney Princess- Dreams Come True cartridge. A friend and helper showed me how to make the jellyfish using garbage bags and dollar tree ribbon. They were a huge hit.



I love how the Actor's wall turned out also. I cut open shower scrubbies and then scrunched them and stapled them to the wall for the coral. The bubbles, my favorite decoration, we made by gluing glass gems from the dollar tree to the wall. A huge thank you to my sister that patiently stood and held all of them in place while the glue dried.


 The fish, starfish, sand dollars, and seahorses were drawn and cut using my Cricut and Life's a Beach cartridge and Disney Princess- Dreams Come True cartridge.

Thanks for stopping in to look….
Ericka

No comments:

Post a Comment